Wednesday, August 31, 2011
Tuesday, August 30, 2011
I'm linking up with the fabulous Roots and Rings for another edition of Ten on Tuesday!
1. What is your favorite brand of shoes?
I love any flip flop. My favorites right now are some recent buys - I seem to wear my Rainbows the most for everyday and my silver strappy Lilly McKims for when I'm trying to look "decent"!
2. How old were you when you learned to tie your shoes?
Oh, um, shoot. Should I know this?
3. How do you feel about freckles?
I think they are adorable! I don't have any but I always think that they are so cute on other people. This may be a grass is greener type thing?
4. I can count to ten in ___ languages.
Two. English and Spanish.
5. What is your favorite store-bought ice cream flavor?
Mayfield Party Cake Ice Cream. It has frosting in it. Need I say more?
6. Were you in ballet or gymnastics as a little girl?
I did gymnastics and I loved it! I still love watching it on TV for hours on end!
7. Who is your favorite Sesame Street character?
Psssh. We don't even let Trey watch TV shows yet but I will pull up songs on You Tube sometimes and we dance around and sing. You know I'm going to say Elmo. Homeboy is baby crack.
8. What’s your bedtime?
I'm so bad, I stay up until around Midnight every single night. It's 11:36 right now and I have done absolutely nothing to prepare for tomorrow.
9. Do you have any jewelry that you wear every single day?
I wear my wedding band and engagement ring everyday. I have also gotten in the habit of wearing my two pandora bracelets and an old Tiffany bracelet almost every single day. They make me smile every time I look at them.
10. Who is the bug killer in your household?
Definitely not me. I'm sure no one is surprised at that! Ha!
Saturday, August 20, 2011
I'm spending this morning with my little drumming pirate while Daddy is off studying. He got this B. Parum Pum Pum Drum for his birthday and is obsessed with it. Well most of it, I think he's scared of the "A" that came with it!
Of course we had to get some story time in. Someone *ahem* is VERY demanding when it comes to books these days. Check out that face.
Monday, August 15, 2011
- Still haven't finished the "details" post of Trey's party, I hadn't realized just how much stuff I wanted to include!
- My Erin Condren planner isn't here yet and I am super bummed because I wanted to link up with everyone else today. Hopefully it'll be here soon!
- My dear friend M (hi M!!!) and I call Fall the "f" word. We are both beach girls through and through but for some reason lately I am finding myself craving things like PSL at Sbux, pumpkin muffins, riding boots, hoodies for Trey, etc. She said I should get myself to the beach for an intervention. I think she's right!
- The best money we have spent this summer is on our aquarium membership. Trey is obsessed with that place and we have already gone at least 5 or 6 times! We went today and Trey was in awe with this HUGE sea turtle that was bigger than him! It kept swimming up to him and looking at him (through the glass).
- We have been bottle free since last Thursday. I am so sad to pack away all of his bottles and make room for even more sippy cups than we already own! I also have to say I am loving our milk delivery service (J gets it too - she's the one that got me hooked) it's so easy to know I don't have to run out and get him milk and that it's super-duper fresh too. (Their banana bread is slightly addicting as well!)
- I went to see The Help tonight and I know that everyone has been raving about how good it is but I'll be honest. A. I didn't think I'd LOVE it B. I wanted to read the book first. Well I am still chugging through a library book I got a few weeks ago so I haven't read it and I'll be honest - I DID LOVE it. LOVED it. I plan on reading the book next! If you haven't go see it you must. Life changing really.
- I'm still loving Shakeology and still have some samples that I need to send out. (I haven't been to the post office in FOREVER!) I plan on getting them done this week. I have SO many clothes that fit now it's amazing. I never thought I'd be this size again! I spent hours Sunday organizing my closet and packing all of my larger sizes away. I'm not 100% done yet but it feels so good! (I still have a ways to go weight-wise but I'm so much happier these days!)
- We went to a bounce house birthday party on Saturday. Want to talk about a workout? My calves are still burning! The hubs wasn't able to go (he totally missed out but had to study) so we will have to take Trey back soon. He thought it was the coolest thing. He was so unsure of the slides at first (a neighbor sent him down with me waiting at the bottom) but then started smiling and clapping. The jumpy things were his favorite... mine too.. shocker.
- Trey has really gotten into sharing recently and I am loving it. He puts cheerios in my mouth, toys in my hand, tries to share his sippy with me. It's just the cutest thing and makes me fall even more in love with my sweet baby. These past few weeks have made me super emotional with his walking, party, trying new things, etc. I'm trying my best to savor every single precious moment!