Monday, August 6, 2012

Trey's 2nd Birthday Party ~ Paul Frank Themed!


This year we decided to keep Trey's birthday party pretty low-key and have it at The Little Gym! We have been long time fans of our local LG, Trey has been attending classes there since he was 5 months old and I have met some of the BEST mom-friends you could ever ask for there! 

The party was broken up into two parts: play! and then cupcakes and snacks. And let me tell you, it FLEW by. Before I knew it - we were handing out favors and hugging and kissing left and right. But it was definitely FUN! And I didn't feel any stress besides just getting there. The crew at LG took care of everything. To the point where I felt weird like... um... I can help with that!

It was so awesome to be able to 110% focus on Trey and our friends and family that came! 

One of Trey's first "favorite things" was his sock monkey that he calls "chi-chi" and Paul Frank's Julius quickly became a favorite when one of the first sentences he said was "Look, mama! Mon-KEE!" and pointed to his Paul Frank shirt! 

So the theme for my sweet *little* one's birthday was born! I didn't want it to be too "theme-y" - which I may have failed at? So I tried to incorporate lots of primary colors too! 

Since the party was at 3pm we had very light snacks (chips, crackers, applesauce pouches for the kiddos), beverages and cupcakes. Nothing fancy - but perfect for a two-year old celebration! 

I still have more pictures to get from my bestie, but I wanted to go ahead and share some that my SIL took while everything was fresh in my mind!! 







Trey's shirt is from Pumpkin Butter Kids!
(Check out her Etsy shop and Facebook Page! She is my "go-to" for all things personalized in the clothing department for Trey) 

Other Little Details:

I threw this together one late, crafty night. It's just a beverage tub from Target with vinyl cut outs! 

For the goody bags I just bought plastic buckets at Party City and cut each kids name out with vinyl on the cricut. Inside I included stickers, bubbles, maracas (because we do "shakers" at the Little Gym), crayons, a Paul Frank Bracelet and a little bag of Yummy Earth lollipops! 
The Thank You notes and the file for the cupcake toppers (I had them printed at Office Max) came from Chloe Tate on Etsy (LOVE her!!!), the 2 beverage tub is also from Target as well as the dry erase Paul Frank boards that I used to make a banner!


I just took the stickers off of the bubbles, cut out vinyl circles on the cricut and threw a Paul Frank sticker on! 

Personalized water bottle DIY post here

20 comments:

the workaholic momma said...

YAY!!! We had SUCH a blast and everyone was absolutely perfect....thanks for a great party!!! I'm so glad we were able to celebrate with you guys!!!

Anonymous said...

What a cute birthday party! I can't believe he is already two! You did a fantastic job with all of the little details.
Happy Birthday, Trey!! :)

Joeylee said...

It looks like his party was a lot of fun. Love all the decor cold job. We're thinking of doing something like this for Keira's 2nd birthday having it at a little gym or jump place

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

It turned out great!! My husband LOVES Paul Frank so we have many a Julius the monkey items in our house! Jamie would have fit right in!

Still can't believe they're all turning TWO!

Julie Rogers said...

SUPER CUTE---love the idea! It looks like an awesome birthday party!

-Julie
http://www.thechirpingmoms.com

Shannon Dew said...

I love everything about this! The colors! The favors! The tee! It's all just perfect!! I need to see if we have a LG here now!

Melissa at Tall Blonde Blog said...

Adorable! Love it all!

Glad it was a fun day!

mrs.mfc said...

Everything looks SO great!!! Good job!!

{annie_loo} @ The Farrar Four said...

WOW! Amazing details! It looks fabulous! You look great too by the way!

angsamp said...

You did a great job!

Modern Camelot said...

I found your blog while searching for Pinterest someecards, and I have to say that this is the CUTEST birthday party I've seen! You did an awesome job!!! Definitely going to start following along :)

Kelly

Natalie said...

You did such a great job! I just signed Nolan up for Little Gym and he starts in September. I am totally thinking of having his 2nd birthday party there...sounds like you really had a blast so I might just make my decision and have ours there too :)

Andie said...

everything came out super cute! :)

Melissa @ I Pick Pretty said...

So darling! You are one craftastic lady.

Isn't LG the best? I couldn't believe how professional and easy our whole experience was with them for MP's party.

Katy M said...

So cute!! Looks like it was a blast!

Cajun Cowgirl said...

We love LG! We almost had his party there but decided not to. I love all of your decorations and craftiness Momma! I bet T had a blast!

[dianegatorfan] said...

What a wonderful party! It looks like so much fun!! Trey is such a cutie and I hope he'll look back at this one day and appreciate all the awesome work his sweet mama put in to making his birthday so special.

Love the Paul Frank theme. Great job mama!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

Happy happy birthday to Trey! You did such a great job! I love everything you did with the vinyl too! Is it hard to work with?? Looked like such a fun celebration!

Buy Sexy Lingerie said...

Looks for such fun celebration party and u did a great job . I love everything about this colors.so cute Trey ! Happy b'day Trey!!!!

mackyton said...

Trey's 2nd Birthday Party looks amazing. The kids look very happy in this bash. I also will be hosting a party quite soon for my son’s upcoming birthday. He loves the sporty themes so I am definitely going to book the outdoor Los Angeles event venues for the birthday.