Saturday, October 29, 2011
Uhmmm Hmmm. I know I said I probably would never do an OOTD/OOTN post again.
Looks like I lied. I just get so excited when I break out of my "mom-uniform"!
Shirt: Old Navy
Scarf: Jones New York at Macy's (GO! They have every color you could EVER want!)
Pants: Black Ponte Pants from Target aka my questionable "leggings as pants moment"
Friday, October 28, 2011
Thursday, October 27, 2011
Here's "How it Works" from the Citrus Lane site:
- OXO Tot Plate - slip proof bottom, rounded sides, BPA-fee. LOVE. We used it for dinner tonight and Trey's green beans definitely weren't able to hop out like they do with normal plates.
- OXO Tot Fork & Spoon Set - these are great because of the way the handles are curved. Trey has been self-feeding for a while and loves his forks and spoons but these seemed to make it even easier for him to do at lunch and dinner today. I'm actually planning to go get more of these at the store tomorrow!!
- Kushies Waterproof Bib with Sleeves - I mean, SERIOUSLY? Sleeves!? Genius. Trey won't always have to eat nakey with this thing around!! Ha!
- Little Duck Organics Blueberry Apple - IT"S EMPTY! The package showed up THIS morning and Trey (and um.. myself... yea...) ate the WHOLE thing. It's freeze dried, organic, Non-GMO fruits cut up into little bites. Trey is obsessed! (Ok, fine, we are BOTH obsessed.)
- Sprout Baby Food - we have been a long time Sprout Foods fan so I was pleasantly surprised to find a pouch of these in the box. As you can see Trey actually had this for lunch today. He gave it two thumbs up!
Wednesday, October 26, 2011
Tuesday, October 25, 2011
I am joining Andrea for 2 On Tuesday! This week’s topic is:
What are your two favorite pictures of yourself?
Ahhh! What a hard one Andrea! Not fair! Can't I just post pics of Trey? Or my dogs?
No? Grrr... fine. I'll post some WITH Trey. Where I may not look fabulous - he makes me FEEL fabulous!
Thanks to Tervis for sponsoring my writing. Visit their website to learn more about the world’s first smart cup.
In my early days of a stay at home mom I didn't have a schedule, I flew by the seat of my (still maternity) pants. I was tired, cranky and wasn't adjusting to being a mom well. What was I missing? I wrote with a struggle that I was having and many readers emailed me to let me know their tips and tricks.
You know what their number one thing was? A schedule!
I never thought of Trey as a "schedule" baby since I was nursing. I had always heard that you can't plan - you just feed when they are hungry. And I feel like yes, you do, BUT that is no reason you can't have a (flexible) schedule and routine by any means!
I slowly started getting organized, making lists, planning meals, outfits, playdates, you get the idea. I am a much better mutli-tasker than I ever knew I could be. I consistently do 3-4 things at one time. And while some days it seems exhausting, when I get to curl up on the sofa with my husband at night and the house is clean I know it is all worth it.
Getting Trey on a nap schedule was HUGE. He was not a good napper at first but from 6 months to now (almost 15 months) he has grown to be an amazing (scheduled) napper. This is awesome because I can plan all of our dates and errands around his naps. As well as schedule things I need/want to do alone while he is sleeping. It has made him a happier baby and me a happier mama!
I try to make sure that we have extras of everything in the car as well, this has REALLY helped for those times when you are out and realized you are out of diapers/wipes/snacks or clothes get dirt on them, spit up on, etc.
All in all I have just found that by working harder throughout the day to be more organized and planning ahead it has made for a much happier household for all involved!!
Monday, October 24, 2011
I love seeing everyone's OOTD, OOTN & even NOTD (nail of the day!) posts. I've been obsessed with reading "fashion blogs" since 2008 - blogs I have no business reading because I will probably never own a Chanel bag and while the thought of a pair Loub's make my heart go pitter-patter in a major way the thought of where I'd even wear them to stresses me out!
Wednesday, October 19, 2011
Saturday, October 15, 2011
Wednesday, October 12, 2011
Tuesday, October 11, 2011
1. Red Sauce or White Sauce?
Vodka sauce please!
2. Do you prefer pasta you can twirl or stab?
I love to twirl my spaghetti but we usually have rotini, penne or ziti so I'd say I'm really a "stabber".
3. Baked or boiled?
Baked. The flavor! The cheese! YUM!
4. Do you like meat in your sauce or do you kick it vegetarian style?
I don't like the meat in small pieces in my sauce, but I do like it with meatballs! (Or my grandmother used to add hardboiled eggs and pieces of chicken - apparently when she was little her family didn't have a lot of money and that was an easy way for them to add protein in.)
5. Where have you had your very best pasta ever?
My Grandma. I get my Italian side from her. She may have been kind of fiesty but she was THE best cook EVER.
6. What is your favorite pasta dish?
Penne alla vodka.
7. Do you serve meatballs when you make spaghetti or just do a meat sauce?
8. What type (rice, whole wheat, egg, etc) of noodles do you use?
Whole wheat organic from Trader Joe's or plain white ziti.
9. What type of meats or vegetables do you put in your sauce?
Wednesday, October 5, 2011
Someone was dying to get in the water!
We also had some play time at Grommet Island while we were down there!
On Saturday we headed to the Children's Festival! The weather was cool and crisp and just felt like an all around perfect Fall day!!