Thursday, November 17, 2011

Plum Organics & Baby Feeding Magic



 

Thanks to Plum Organics for sponsoring my post about tips for baby feeding magic. What if you let baby choose what's for dinner? Check out their cute "Quest for Yum!" video and see what happens!





Back when Trey first started solids I made each and everything from scratch, organic, with lots of mommy love. I read books, I went to all sorts of stores for just the right type of apple/banana/pear. I steamed, I pureed, I froze, I jarred. And you know what I LOVED it. 


BUT..... 


I quickly learned that sometimes we needed something that I could keep in my purse, that didn't need to be refrigerated and that was still organic for when we were out and about. 


Luckily I was contacted by Plum Organics and was sent some of their awesome products to review. I took that little spoon that hooked onto their pouches EVERYWHERE. And each and every time I pulled it out it felt like people came out of nowhere with "That's awesome!" "What is that?" "Where'd you get that?" and sadly, LOTS of "I WISH they had those when my kids were little!"


Can you blame them? Easy peasy for Mama and Trey always loved the flavors. 


Now that he is older, we have ditched the spoon but I still buy the Plum Organics pouches often for quick, easy and healthy snacks while we are on the go! 


And since this post is all about baby feeding magic, I thought I'd share some of the magic tips that I have learned from other Mama's along the way:



  • Try again. I'm lucky to not have a picky eater but that doesn't mean it won't change or that the next baby won't "make up" for Trey's easy-going personality when it comes to food. LOTS of my mom friends made sure to say - even if he doesn't like it at first, wait a few weeks and then try again. You'll be surprised what reaction you may get!  
  • Have FUN with it. I feel like the baby food stage went by so quickly. I feel like it was over so quickly, all of a sudden he wanted what he were having and wanted nothing to do with the "baby" food, I had so lovingly prepared. 
  • Go with your gut. (And your dr's advice) Everyone will have different opinions on when is the right time to start each food. YOU are the Mama, you know if something doesn't feel right. Call the dr and do your research, you will know what is right, and when it is right!
What baby feeding magic tips do you have?

And I will leave you with this adorable Pac-man-like video by Plum Organic organics: The Quest for Yum! 



 I was selected for this sponsorship by the Clever Girls Collective. To learn more about Plum Organics, visit their Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/PlumOrganics.

4 comments:

Mallory said...

I love plum baby organics... I mean Grace loves them! We can't get enough of the pumpkin banana. I almost ate a few pouches after my wisdom tooth surgery :)

Kelly said...

Thanks for the advice! I was planning on using them on a trip we're taking in the spring bc I'm planning on making all C's food too.

Melissa @ I Pick Pretty said...

We're big fans of the PO line here. It's a great way to get my boy to eat his greens and, like you said, such an easy snack on the go.

That's good advice about the "try it again" as far as changing baby/toddler tastes. I'm amazed at how quickly the food phases come and go; a few weeks later, the landscape changes again.

Amanda T said...

Wow, I've never heard of those. They looks awesome!! :) Thanks for sharing!