Friday, October 1, 2010

A non-push present?

Because really, is it still a push present if there isn't any actual pushing involved?

The day we got home we hung out around the house for a bit before venturing up the stairs (stairs + c-section = not so fun) to show Trey his room.

While we were up there I went to put him down in his crib and this is what I found.

And in my crazy hormonal state it took me forever to stop crying and sit down and actually open it!

Inside was the most beautiful David Yurman Blue Topaz Albion ring. And while blue topaz isn't Trey's birthstone, that gorgeous blue color definitely makes me think of my sweet new baby boy!

Every time I look down at it I get the biggest smile on my face, I'm so blessed to have TWO amazing guys in my life!

17 comments:

Rachel said...

Lucky girl! That is so sweet of your hubby...I am going to send J to links like this when I have a baby!!

Anonymous said...

oh, wow! i love that he left it in the crib. such a sweetheart :)

SplendidlyImperfect said...

I think getting a present because they had to hack you in half to carve his child out makes you even MORE deserving of a present! HA!

Signed, a Romantic. :)

Sara said...

Since so many women have C-sections perhaps it should be called a "sacrifice my body to my family" present. Hmmm... doesn't have the same ring, huh? Either way, it's gorgeous!!!

A Wedding Story said...

Whoa, that is an amazing ring!

Shannon Dew said...

Oh I am IN LOVE! DY is my fav jeweler!

Crown + Castle said...

Beautiful ring! And yes it can still be a "push" present (I was in the same boat). Enjoy your beautiful new piece of jewelry!

Classy Fab Sarah said...

That ring is a STUNNER! Almost as cute as your sweet boy!

Lesley said...

How sweet! I LOVE that ring...I was hinting at it when we got married...maybe it will show up in my future someday... :)

Brittany said...

So beautiful and super sweet!

lg2006 said...

That is BEAUTIFUL and I love the way he layed it in the crib for you to find! So sweet!

Anonymous said...

How pretty, and how sweet of your hubby to do that!

SouthernBelleJM said...

That's a great push present!!!

Jackie said...

beautiful!

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

Gorgeous! I have a blue topaz ring my two grandmas gave me to wear as my "something blue." I love it!

Sonya said...

Beautiful! I think you deserve it even if you didn't have to push! The other is not easy either!

Jules said...

Aw...that is such a sweet gift! I've loved David Yurman rings for years and that one is gorgeous. JD did a great job :)

XOXO