Friday, February 4, 2011

My Guilty Pleasures

I saw this post on Craving the Cupcakes today and knew that it had to be the subject for my next blog post!

I don't have a lot of them, but the ones that I do, I like to indulge in quite frequently.


1. Starbucks Grande Hazelnut Iced Coffee
I could live off of this stuff. No lie. Every single Saturday and Sunday JD, Trey and I meet our BFFs and their baby at Starbucks. We spend hours there just catching up and talking. We joke that we should move in. All of the Barista's know us, know the babies and what we like to eat and drink. We joke that we should start going to different ones so that no one recognizes us. Um yea... you know you have a problem when...


2. Pedicures
I know I could do it myself and save the $26 plus tip but there is just something SO wonderful about going to get a pedicure. I have this lady I like to go to, she has all the great new OPI colors and she talks just the right amount. See, I like to go to the nail place alone. A few of my blog friends have gone with me and we have had a great time but other than that I don't really like to go with anyone else. I used to go with my sister and cousin a lot but it just never ended up being as relaxing as when I went alone. Am I awful?
Sadly it's been since before Thanksgiving that I had my last one and I have a gift card burning a hole in my pocket. I need to get my fix!

3. Naps
I LOVE naps. LOVE THEM! I never wake up groggy, just refreshed and happy. I never got in the hang of that "sleep when the baby sleeps" thing when Trey was first born, I just couldn't relax, I was constantly checking on him. Luckily for me I think him and I have made up for lost time recently.

4. Frozen Yogurt
I could go every day. And I'm not big into all of the toppings - I just like the plain 'ol yogurt by itself.

5. Cupcakes
(And I wonder why I'm having a hard time with the baby weight...) No explanation needed.


6. Magazines
Before Trey was born I probably read about 10 magazines a week. I had oodles of subscriptions. And while lately I'm happy to get through an issue of Parents, I'm not going to let Marie Claire expire - because that pile on my nightstand WILL get read at some point.

7. Pizza Night and Mexican Night
Growing up, every Friday was Pizza night in our house and I usually got to pick (Papa Johns was my favorite). These days our Friday nights are usually spent at a local Mexican restaurant. We love it! (We go with the same friends as Starbucks, yes, we're basically one big happy family! Ha!) And also like Starbucks they all know us there! It's funny - but it's one of those things we just have to include in our budget because we love it so much. I still try to sneak in a pizza night here and there, JD doesn't love it as much as I do. These days we are obsessed with Dominos. Clearly their new marketing works. We're suckers.

What are your guilty pleasures?

4 comments:

Angela said...

I loved reading about your guilty pleasures. Such a fun idea for a post, isn't it? I think it may be time for me to do an updated list!

Perfectly Imperfect said...

Wine. big time. and mexican food. and sushi. see how mine are all food and drinks?!? this is why i still carry baby weight as well!!

Meg @ write meg! said...

Like you, I love to get manicures/pedicures alone! It is very relaxing and, at least when I get a pedicure, I bring a book. Just fun and chill.

Rachel said...

Nice list! I am on board with a lot of these. Magazines, Mexican, Pedicures...I love 'em all!