Tuesday, May 10, 2011

9 lbs Lost in 14 Days & What is this Shakeology stuff all about?


If you follow me
on Twitter you know that I have recently started using and selling a product called Shakeology.

Many of you have asked me: What is it? What does it do? How does it taste? How much is it?

And three of my awesome "Tweeps" have already ordered some for themselves and are loving it!

I wasn't going to post about it until I had been using it for 30 days but after all of the response I figured I would go ahead and give you all a rundown of what Shakeology is and why I am so passionate about it.

How I learned about Shakeology:

About 2 months ago I saw my friend K (hi K!) who has 3 kids, her youngest who was born 3 weeks before Trey. When I saw her I noticed that she seemed to be looking "extra" healthy, thin and fabulous. I asked her what the heck she was doing and she replied very non-chalantly "Shakeology". My response: Huh?

She told me that she had been using it for a while and it was basically like her getting all of her veggies in one glass, that would really fill her up and give her energy. It really helped with weight loss too. She told me that she signed up to sell it and to let her know if I was interested.

About a week or so later, I was sitting at my computer super frustrated by this darn post-baby weight that I am really having a hard time getting rid of. So I got online to order it.

Um, it's $119.

I'm WAY too cheap for that. SO I called K and asked about the price. She broke it down weekly and then daily. If you think of it like that - it is much more reasonable to afford. Heck, I'll spend $6 at Starbucks and not bat an eye.

She also told me that if I wanted to sign up and become a coach I could get my Shakeology at a discount as well as sell it to others that were interested.

I'll be honest, I did need to re-work my grocery budget to be able to afford it. But when I slipped on a pair of 7 For All Mankind jeans and my favorite pairs of J Crew Chino Shorts fit again. I basically screamed - I'm saving money!

I signed up to be a coach and within days my first order of Shakeology arrived. And it did take me a few tries to get my shakes just right but now, only 19 days into it - I can make them half awake while fixing Trey a bottle at the same time!

I weighed myself on day 1 (and took before pictures, those will come at day 30 to show you before and 30 days in). And was going to wait until day 30 before I weighed in again.

Well, on day 12 I had a Dr. appointement. I stepped on the scale and I was SHOCKED. I was down 7 lbs. And on day 14 I was down 9.

9 lbs. In 14 days!!!!!!

I can't wait to weigh in at day 30 now! I'm sure I won't keep losing at such a rapid pace but my clothes are fitting better day by day and I really do have a huge amount of energy.

I took some Shakeology Samples to this mama and this mama last Friday. They really liked the shakes that I took them! One of them is ordering and the other may become a coach! They also both told me I "was glowing" and that I had "an extra spring in my step". And you know what? Maybe I do. I already feel so much better about myself. I know that it can only get better from here.

Besides the weight loss and increase in energy I really love that the shakes are full of good for you ingredients. They aren't full of chemicals like some meal replacement shakes. And like K once told me, I now say to others "I'm just drinking my broccoli!" And I LIKE the way these veggies taste!!!

From the Shakeology site:

To match the ingredients in a single serving of Shakeology you’d have to eat:

  • 1 whole bowl exotic fruit
  • 4 cups raw broccoli
  • 10 cups raw cauliflower
  • 3 raw onions
  • 1 cup peas
  • 3 romaine lettuce
  • 4 cups non fat yogurt
  • 7 whole carrots
  • 4 cups mushrooms
  • 4 cups red radishes
  • a shot of wheat grass

And while I do like veggies, like many of you I just don't always get as many servings in per day as what I should!

If you are interesting in Shakeology: here is my site. OR you can leave a comment on this post/email me with ANY questions at all and I will promptly write you back! BeachBumandBaby@gmail.com

I'll be doing some more posts all about the ingredients in Shakeology, the history, other success stories and how I like to make my shakes!! My favorite one tastes just like a Reese's peanut butter cup! YUM!

24 comments:

Traci said...

So...are you doing anything other than the shakes to lose 14 pounds? Do they replace a meal?

All I have to do is have a shake a day? Sounds good to me! It must also be combined with healthy eating and exercise...otherwise it sounds too good to be true, right?

Momma on the Run said...

Hi! (I've never commented before:-) This post made me really interested but I'd really like more information. Is there an exercise program? Do the shakes replace meals? Do I need a Vitamix so I can make shakes? What's a typical day on Shakeology like? My husband knows how much I want to lose weight so I know if I presented a convincing argument he wouldn't give me grief on the money. I'd just like to hear it from someone who's done it instead of the website!

Tiny Ocean said...

hey! wanted to let you know that the link to your shakeology website does not work! :)

Miss Sweet Tea said...

Hi Lis! I'm highly considering this product after reading this post. I visited the Shakeology site and would have never thought this product would work if it wasn't for your review, it seems so infomercial-ish! I am already exercising regularly, but I have a stubborn 10 or so pounds that just won't come off!

Is this something I could use for a couple of months to get those stubborn pounds off or is it meant for more long-term use?

Also, I tried to visit your site, but the link isn't working. I'll check back later to see if you've fixed it. If I do decide to try it, I'd like to purchase it from you!

PHP Programmer said...

I am really after see this post. You know my dear this info is so useful I really impress. Your job is really good.

PHP Programmer said...

I am really after see this post. You know my dear this info is so useful I really impress. Your job is really good.

Compare Internet Security said...

You publish a nice story I love this and I say thanks for the sharing nice post.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing such nice post.
Thanks again.

truck dispatch software | taxi app development | mobile app performance optimization |  uber like app

swati parmar said...

I would like more information about this, because it is very nice...Thanks for sharing. Thanks a lot

Justin Taylor said...

Get the best laundry booking app development service at a minimal cost. Contact us to get the best laundry booking application development like Uber.

Danish Richi said...

Web development organizations around the globe started giving readymade uber clone taxi script to owning such a taxi booking business. One such web development organization, Appilab Website gives the most undeniable uber like clone app script solutions for your business startup.

uber clone taxi script price
uber app script
taxi app script
taxi booking app script
uber clone app script
uber clone taxi booking app developer

Shree Digital Services said...

Gojek Like clone app script script is the best Gojek clone source code. If you are looking for the best multiservice application then Appilab is the best place for your On demand Gojek Like app development. Check-out Gojek clone app.

Niranjan Kumar said...


Welcome to Dynode Software! We are excited to see you on our profile. Dynode Software is a leading mobile app, Transportation and enterprise software development company! – expert in development, customization, and integration of complex enterprise-level solutions, business intelligence analytics, advanced web and mobile solutions.

Neeraj Kr Naman said...

Dynode Software top Ecommerce development company in Patna generates thoughtful and attractive content to assist you in connecting with your customer most authentically. it's rated as No. 1 Ecommerce development company in Patna offers Ecommerce development services that help you promote & engage all kinds of companies on search engines and social media platforms

Prakash Kumar said...

PMS ERP Enterprise Accounting Software is an innovative tool designed for undertaking accounting, invoicing and related activities. The tool allows users to add and manage accounts and share the status with relevant stakeholders via e-mail or a secure link which would be live for 24 hours.

Prakash Kumar said...

PMS ERP Enterprise Accounting Software is an innovative tool designed for undertaking accounting, invoicing and related activities. The tool allows users to add and manage accounts and share the status with relevant stakeholders via e-mail or a secure link which would be live for 24 hours.

Neeraj Kr Naman said...

Dynode Software LHMS is India’s leading web based hospital management software in Patna.

Neeraj Kr Naman said...

Dynode Software is a IT Company in Patna . It provides services like Cloud Computing Services, Artificial Intelligence, Software Development, Web Designing(UI/UX), Mobile App Development, Ecommerce Development, Web Development

Neeraj Kr Naman said...

Digital DCR Fully customizable Expense Reporting Software with a capacity to automate the entire field force activities. It is helping organizations to get real-time field data of sales, distributed goods, demand generated and optimizing time utilization for the organization in a fast-paced business eco-system.

Neeraj Kr Naman said...

Dynode Software is an iOS and android based closed loop marketing and salesforce automation software designed specifically for pharmaceutical organizations. With its extensive planning, e-detailing, reporting, and analytics capabilities. Approach us for Master Call Reporting Software.

Neeraj Kr Naman said...

PMS is a top Account Management Software in Patna Bihar which automates and empowers operations of retailers, wholesalers, and distributors who belongs to Tire, Parts & Components, Workshop, Marble and General Trading businesses. Approach us for Billing Software with GST Invoice.

Jitendra Kumar SIngh said...

Dynode Software provides a comprehensive set of mobile, web, and e-commerce services. It is one of the top digital marketing companies offering content management systems, SEO, PPC, AI, and cutting-edge analytics. Contact us for video marketing in Patna .

Jitendra Kumar SIngh said...

LHMS best hospital management system, is an exclusive solution for cardiology that is aimed at helping in the systematic management of the Hospital ensuring both pre and post operative care to the patient.

Deepak Kumar said...

Dynode Software top Ecommerce development company in Patna generates thoughtful and attractive content to assist you in connecting with your customer most authentically. it's rated as No. 1 Ecommerce development company in Patna offers Ecommerce development services that help you promote & engage all kinds of companies on search engines and social media platforms.