Monday, May 23, 2011

Mini Beach Bum & Weekend Recap




On Friday afternoon, I took my mini-Beach Bum to the beach for some fun in the sun! We had an awesome time. He LOVES the sand, the sun and the sounds of the beach. He's a little unsure of the water and kept squeezing me tight while we sat close to the waves. I loved it - he's usually into just moving around and playing. It was nice to just sit and hold him just the two of us, snuggle and enjoy just being.



Our sweet neighbors bought him this outfit for his 6 month birthday and I was so excited for him to finally wear it. This kid has SEVEN bathing suits. Mom has ZERO. See a problem? I'm ordering at least 3 today!

Saturday morning we had breakfast, took Trey to the park and went and joined a pool with this Mama!

We did some shopping Saturday afternoon and then the Mom-in-law came over to watch Trey so that Mr. Beach Bum and I could go to dinner here:



We had some MUCH needed delicious beverages!

On Sunday we went to the park (yes again! Trey LOVES it!) and then went and spent some time with my Mom.

Afterwards I went and saw this movie with the MIL & SIL. Y'all it was HYSTERICAL! I haven't seen a movie this funny in a LONG time!! LOVED it!!!


While I was at the movie Trey and the hubs went to the grocery store and got chicken, veggies and rice for dinner.

The weather was perfect so we decided to grill and eat outside!

I promise I wear things besides this jean jacket.... LOL


After dinner we headed to our "Town Center" for Gelato and some family time.


We love this little place and got some gelato shakes! They were amazing!! Sadly I only had about a third of mine! Gotta stay on my weight loss plan!!

They had a band outdoors so Trey and I took the opportunity to have a little impromptu dance party.
He was having a BLAST!! And really, so was I!

This is Trey's preferred method of travel these days.

We had an amazing weekend. The Summer is just such an awesome time in VA and I love getting outside and relaxing with family and friends.

I'm so excited for the 3 day weekend coming up! HURRY up Memorial Day!!!!

10 comments:

Jules said...

I love those beach pics of Trey! He looks like he’s really having a blast and that shark swimsuit...so cute. That's awesome that you joined a pool. I can't think of a better way to cool off in the summer.

We saw Bridesmaids this weekend too and it really was hysterical. The scene in the dress shop, the plane...I could go on and on :)

Natalie said...

Looks like you had a fantastic weekend! It's so nice to get out now that it is warm and sunny! :)

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

He's SO adorable! Keeps getting cuter and cuter!

Love these pics :)

And I loved Bridesmaids - finally saw it this weekend as well! It was sold out all over LA though. Finally got to see it after trying four different showtimes and two movie theaters!

Sonya said...

He's so cute! He's getting so big! I'm glad you have a little beach bum!

Unknown said...

Precious, precious pictures! Those swim trunks...that gelato shake...I die! What a fun weekend!

Villa said...

love the photos..would like made such photo for my son...

the workaholic momma said...

I LOVE all of the pictures!!! And I'm SO THRILLED about the THE POOL - we are going to have a blast!!! YUM-Rudees:)

Perfectly Imperfect said...

Looks like a perfect weekend!!

Your beach picture just made me so homesick :( Gosh I miss the beach!!!

Unknown said...

Precious! I am scared to take C to the beach after his first time there and he did a face plant in the sand...ugh...bad mom moment. But we are going this weekened for memorial day. I hope he likes it as much as Trey.

lg2006 said...

Now that is a FUN weekend!!