Tuesday, May 10, 2011

9 Months




Trey turned 9 months old last Wednesday! 9 Months?! Seriously? How are we almost to a year?

I need to get on that party planning!!

This past month was even more fun than the one before. Now that he has been crawling for so long he has gotten really fast and prefers to stand and try to walk by himself. He always falls right down, and gets up and does it again.

We are still loving Little Gym and story time and continue to have lots of fun mommy dates with other babies Trey's age. These have been such a blessing for us both. I feel like he is learning a lot from being around other little ones his age and it's nice for me to have some adult conversation too!

I'm really looking forward to lots of upcoming Summer fun and milestones for my sweet little bug.

Trey's 9 Month Stats

Bedtime: between 8pm and 9pm

Wake-Up: anytime between 8am and 9am


Naps: Around 2 per day. Usually one at 10am and hopefully another between 2 and 4pm. All of these are in his crib but (luckily for me!) he is now slowing starting to be able to nap in his car seat, BOB or Maclaren when we are out and about.

Bottles: Trey has four 7 oz bottles each day, one when he wakes up - two in the middle and one right before bed.

Foods: Trey is now having food and a sippy 3 times a day. He has decided that purees are for babies and now really prefers to eat our food (He will eat whatever you give him, he's just easy-going about food. I can just tell he would rather have ours.) He is obsessed with the yogurt melts and we have started him on more solid foods like grown up oatmeal, bananas cut up in puff dust, bread, a smidge of frozen yogurt here and there and we will give him bites of our plates now of anything we are eating. (Minus nuts/strawberries/exoctic fruits/etc.).



Developmental Milestones & Firsts: He officially has 4 teeth (two top, two bottom) with FOUR more coming through on the top - two that are cutting and two very white spots. The teething has been rough here and there lately, I'm hoping that he gets some relief soon! We also upgraded to a "big boy" Britax car seat this month. And yes, I am still mourning the loss of his infant carrier. I loved that thing... it was SO EASY!! But I know that he is much more comfortable in this and loves that he can look around better now!
He is all about not being confined and surfing the furniture. He keeps trying to stand on his own but his balance isn't there yet. He loves to "walk" outside while we hold his hands. I've really noticed how much he just enjoys moving around and playing outside! I have a feeling he's going to love the pool this Summer!

Favorite Toys: Oh sadly Sophie has taken a backseat lately, he's not really that into her anymore. It makes me really sad. He has really been enjoying his walker, any sorts of balls, bubbles, anything outside-related, but his favorite toy is definitely the Leap Frog Fridge Farm he will play with thing for hours and if one of the dogs sets off the music he immediately crawls over to play with it!

Favorite Books: Horns to Toes, The Going to Bed Book, Moo Baa Fa La la - all by Sandra Boynton

Favorite Songs: The wheels on the Bus, The Itsy Bitsy Spider, The Little Gym Song - Bugs, B-I-N-G-O (we have our own version about a "T-R-E-Y-bug", Grand Ole Duke of York, Tony Chestnut

Mommy Books: Nope, Mama has been at the gym! I need to get back to reading but working out has definitely taken precedence over my books!


And in case you are wondering about the lack of great pictures in the post... it was the HARDEST month yet! I even had my Sister helping me (yes, those are her skinny legs in that one picture) and Trey would not sit still or look at the camera! He's at such a fun and silly age, he doesn't seem to have time for photo shoots with mommy! It's all about the toys!

4 comments:

Emily said...

He's so cute! Love, love, love these posts. I should do something like this. Sadly, my son's baby book is notes scrawled into my planner. At least it's a nice planner.

Love his shirt too!

Best,
Emily from Nap Time Is My Time

lg2006 said...

HE IS SO CUTE! how did our boys get so old!? I like that fridge farm toy and may have to get one!

the workaholic momma said...

AAWWW - Trey is just too cute for words and he is growing SO fast...TOO fast!!! I'm so honored to be a part of his life and watch this boy grow and explore - he's such a wonderful little boy!! Good job, momma:)

Melissa at Tall Blonde Blog said...

Yay! He's so cute and the time does fly doesn't it? I blinked and Mia turned 1, I blinked again and she turned 18 months last week. Eeeks! Somebody stop the clock!