Friday, February 25, 2011

The Perfect Mascara?

Most of the make-up that I use I'm 110% in love with. I am loyal to my favorite brands: MAC, Make Up Forever, Tarte, Urban Decay and Too Faced. But sadly I don't have a favorite mascara.

I usually buy drugstore mascaras because I'm a weirdo and like to make sure I throw them away before the 3 months hit. But I couldn't help but fall in love with this awesome mascara sampler at Sephora last week! It's originally $40 but currently on sale for $32. It has an amazing eyelash curler by Tarte that I am LOVING! And 1 full size mascara and 9 sample size mascaras (which are all still decently sized).

I have only tried the Benefit BadGal and so far so good. I can't wait to try more! I definitely think that this is WELL worth the $32 price tag!

What is your favorite mascara? Do you think drug store mascaras are equal to department store brands?

9 comments:

C said...

oh my gosh! I am always on a quest for the perfect mascara! I used to be faithful to L'Oreal Le Grand Curl but ever since they stopped making it I have been looking for a new fav! Keep us updated on what you think of the other ones!

Classy Fab Sarah said...

I tend to think drugstore brands are just as good, but I'm always looking for something better. This set looks amazing, good thing I'm going to be swinging by a Sephora today. It shall be mine!

A Wedding Story said...

I NEVER buy mascara b/c I just use the free samples in the gift with purchase, but I have fallen in love with Clinique's High Lengths mascara. My sister works at Sephora and she swears by it too, out of all the ones she has access to!

lg2006 said...

I always buy drug store mascara because I have been so disappointed with other brands that I paid so much for. The Yellow Mabeline one is my current fav and has been for the last year! Have you ever tried the mascara primer from Lancome? Its AMAZING.

Unknown said...

I love MAC makeup!

I found DiorShow at Sephora and fell in love. It is a bit on the pricey side but totally worth it. Is that in your kit? You should try it.

Unknown said...

just came across your blog :) its sooo cue! you have some really good insight on your posts! i'm always looking for the perfect mascara! xoxo cant wait to read more of what you write!

Susannah said...

I love mascara too! I think drug store can be just as good as sephora. I use buxom and maybelline falsies.

Kristin said...

I love this set! I got it for Christmas. Like you, I've only used the benefit badgal because i want to get as much use out of each one as I can, but I'm dying to try the others. I think its a great way to find a new mascara! I usually buy new full size tubes every few weeks but when they don't live up to the hype, I just toss it. Such a waste of $$

Kristen said...

I'm so with you on the 3-month expiration date! I write the date I open my mascara on the tube with a Sharpie. Ha! :) I used to use DiorShow but switched to drugstore mascara to save some $ and am just as thrilled! I am using the new Maybelline "One by One" and love it.