Monday, January 14, 2013

DIY: 1 Hour Instagram Pics-Turned Magnets!




I've been meaning to print my instagram pictures for... well, lets be honest here....

FOREVER.

Everyplace I would see to print them would be like "4-5 weeks for delivery..." or I'd see DIY things on Pinterest that would require you to trim them from 4x6 to 4x4... ehhh.. no thanks.

So a couple weeks ago I stumbled upon the new "Printicular" app. I was INSTANTLY hooked.

Printicular a picture printing app that links to your instgram, facebook and camera roll. You simply click on which pictures you'd like and then send them off to WALGREENS (yes!) and in UNDER an hour (first batch was like 20 minutes, second was 45) your nice, square, 4x4 prints are ready to pick up!

(They are $0.39 per print and I used "partner25" to take 25% off of my total order. Also, you pay when  you pick up.) 

I did a test run with only 10 pictures at first just to make sure the quality was ok and that my Walgreens could really do this. I was pleasantly surprised. So I few days later I printed 100 more.

So after I got home with all of these squares I sat staring at them. What should I do with them now? I could put them in an album but I really wanted to SEE some of them. I had seen a company a while back that you can order your instagram pics turned magnets from and a light bulb went off!

I grabbed some scissors, scrapbook tape and some old (large) magnets that I had laying around. I cut the magnets up into strips and taped them on the back of the pictures with the scrap booking (double sided) tape. And ta-da!




SO EASY!! 

The magnets are easy to pop off the back as well - which will be great when I switch these out and put them into an album! 

How do you display your instagram pictures? I'm looking for fun ideas for other parts of the house! 

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey there! Love this post! I'm always trying to find a way to print my instagram photos! Thanks for leading me in the right direction!!!

-Molly

lucyandmejewelry.blogspot.com

Kristine -Heart Shaped Sweat said...

Wow! This is great! I've not heard of this app but am excited to try it out. Thanks for sharing! And I love your idea to turn them into magnets!

Cajun Cowgirl said...

These came out great! So crafty!

Sonya said...

I'm going to have to try that site! I love sending mine to Walgreens, but I always have to put them in collages and they are never the cute size.

Lindsay @ la vita dolce said...

im must be a major blonde...how could i not be following your blog?!?!? ;) i love this idea. i need to get my butt in gear and do this. it is so cute! :)

Julianne @ Bogs and Bows said...

literally downloading the app as I type!

Amy Green @ Sweet Home Amy said...

Oh my gosh, I love this! I print all my pictures at Walgreens already, so this is perfect! Thanks for sharing!

xoxo,
Amy

Vin Framularo said...

Here's the link to the Printicular app:
iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/app/id570103834?mt=8&partnerId=30&siteID=vJCdkOKlzjg
Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.meamobile.printicular&hl=en