Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Say Cheese & Happy New Year!

Happy New Year y'all! Gosh I can't believe another year has flown by so quickly. 

I have always taken a lot of pictures of Trey (like the rest of my blog/IG buddies!) but I have always been awful about DOING something with them. 

Don't believe me? I JUST printed pictures for our 2009, 2010 & 2011 picture frame ornaments. Trust me, I hung my head in shame as I picked up the prints. 

So I decided that at the beginning of 2012 I'd make a monthly collage (small steps people.... small steps). 

And besides losing one of them I kept up with it really well. In addition I sat down with my EC planner and just wrote, wrote, wrote what was going on with Trey and our family. It's definitely not a true journal but I still consider it an accomplishment. 

I'm planning on taking these collages and making them into a 2012 book and pulling from the planner for what we were doing during that time! 





I couldn't pick a favorite moment of 2012 if I tried! I loved watching Trey grow and learn, I was thrilled when J.D. switched to a company that allows us to spend A LOT more time together as a family. And most important, a TRUE MIRACLE was among us when my mom woke up from being on life support. God is good. And I am truly thankful. 

I'm not sure what 2013 will bring for the Beach Bum family but I'm excited! 

I've also been inspired by the oh-so-sweet, Ashley to come up with some good, meaningful (and ATTAINABLE) resolutions for the new year! 

I'll be posting those soon! What about you? What's on your 2013 list?C

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Oh my goodness- this is so impressive! You've inspired me to take more photos and record all the little things with Luke.

And I'm so sorry to hear about your mama but SO thankful that she's better. :)

Cajun Cowgirl said...

What a great idea! We've been doing photobooks but I love the collage idea--keeps things manageable!